We attended the Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2017, where the Global Fashion Agenda called on fashion brands and retailers to sign a commitment to accelerate the transition to a circular fashion system. HANIA by Anya Cole has signed that commitment and have set the following targets for 2020. We will be reporting annually on our progress.
ACTION POINT 1 – IMPLEMENTING DESIGN STRATEGIES FOR CYCLABILITY
- By 2020, all new collections must first incorporate existing stocks by making use of at least 80% of them.
- By 2020, we will train all of our designers on sustainable and circular design principles.
- By 2020, 90% of our collection will be designed for reparability.
- By 2020, 70% of our collection will be designed for disassembly.
- By 2020, at least 60% of our collections will be made from mono fibres.
- By 2020, full details on care, reparability, and reuse will be available to consumers via our website and garment tags for all of our products to extend their life.
ACTION POINT 2 – INCREASING THE VOLUME OF USED GARMENTS COLLECTED
- By 2020, we will implement an online garment collection scheme, through which all of our products can be returned to be remade, or repurposed.
ACTION POINT 3 – INCREASING THE VOLUME OF USED GARMENTS RESOLD
- By 2020, we will offer our customers the opportunity to purchase pre-worn HANIA by Anya Cole clothes through our website.